A quick and easy food to make on the go in any disaster or survival situation. Potatoes are almost a survival super food. Lots of nutrients, no refrigeration and easy to transport. eggs are easy-ish to come by, especially in rural areas and you can add any type of sausage you may have laying about.
- one small potato per person
- 2 sausage links per person (I usually use turkey, but any is fine)
- 1 egg per person
- salt & pepper
- Grate potatoes.
- Drizzle a bit of oil on potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss grated potatoes to coat.
- Place potatoes on the foil.
- Push into a flat square with the edges slightly raised to keep the egg in.
- Put one sausage on each end of the potatoes.
- Crack open an egg and place onto of the potatoes.
- Close the foil.
- Place over hot coals or grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes.