[Total: 1 Average: 4/5]
Sometimes, you just have to have some mexi-spice. This recipe makes a great fireside foil packet dish.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person or 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa (as hot as you like it) per person
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips per person
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips per person
- 1/4 medium to small onion cut into strips per person
- Wrap the chicken in foil or plastic wrap
- Pound the chicken to flatten (flattening will help the chicken cook more evenly and quickly) then place in center of foil or put in foil pan.
- Top chicken evenly with salsa.
- Top salsa evenly with peppers and onion.
- Seal packet (or seal up the tin pan).
- Cook over hot coals for about 30 minutes.
Survival Cooking- Campfire Chicken Fajitas reviewed by TDC on January 28, 2016 rated 3.4 of 5