[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Survival Food Tips and Hints
- First of all, if you have no power, you most likely will not be able to check your computer for recipes, so make some hard copies of favorite recipes and place them in a notebook. (or get a handy solar charger for your laptop or smartphone
- You need a manual can opener! get one before the power goes out!!!!!!!!
- Disposable aluminum baking trays, paper plates, plastic utensils, and paper towels will make your life much easier if there is a water shortage.
- Do not forget to have a supply of plastic bags on hand for the non-burnable trash.
- You can actually make gelatin or instant pudding without chilling. Just reduce the recommended water and or milk down to one half to make a concentrated solution. It will take longer, but will set for a dessert treat.
- A one-month supply of food for your family should be sufficient to get you through any disaster or survival crisis.
- Start a garden in pots that can be sheltered from the elements when need be so you can have fresh herbs and vegetables. They grow great on balconies and roof tops. have a few packs of easy to grow vegetable seeds around.
- Buy or can foods that you would eat even without an emergency.
- Rotate your canned and packaged goods often. Codes on the packages and cans can tell you how old the food is or simply mark them with the date as soon as you buy them.